1.1 The Kindergarten follows the Ministry of Education’s school calendar.
1.2 There are 4 terms in a calendar year.
1.3 Each term consists of approximately 10 weeks.
|Term 1||10 weeks (Jan – Mar)||1 week (Mar)|
|Term 2||10 weeks (Mar – May)||4 weeks (May – Jun)|
|Term 3||10 weeks (Jun – Sep)||1 week (Sep)|
|Term 4||10 weeks (Sep – Nov)||6 weeks (Nov – Dec)|
2.1 BRMCK offers 2 sessions: AM Session and PM Session.
2.2 Our sessions are 3 hours each, from Mondays to Fridays.
|Level||AM Session||PM Session|
|N2, K1 and K2||8:30 am to 11:30 am||12:00 pm to 3:00 pm|
|N1||8:30 am to 11:15 am||12:00 pm to 2:45 pm|
2.3 N1 students are dismissed 15 minutes earlier for both AM and PM sessions.
3.1 There are 2 Chinese language teachers and one English language teacher in each nursery class.
3.2 There are 1 Chinese language teacher and 1 English language teacher in every K1 and K2 class.
3.3 Child-Teacher Ratio:
|Level||Child – Teacher Ratio||No. of Children per Class||No. of Teachers per class|
|N1||8:1||max. of 24||3|
|N2||9:1||max. of 27||3|
|K1||15:1||max. of 30||2|
|K2||15:1||max. of 30||2|
4.1 Admission for any academic year is governed by the age stipulated by the Ministry of Education.
4.2 Age is calculated based on 2 January of the year of admission.
|Nursery 1||Year that the child turns 3|
|Nursery 2||Year that the child turns 4|
|Kindergarten 1||Year that the child turns 5|
|Kindergarten 2||Year that the child turns 6|
5.1 Registration can be done from Monday to Friday between 8.30 am and 3.30 pm during the school term.
5.2 Registration is on a first-come-first-served basis.
5.3 Priority registration will be given to siblings of existing BRMCK students, children on Wait List and siblings or children of former BRMCK students. Note: For priority registration of siblings or children of former K2 BRMCK students must be submitted together with the registration form by the end of January for enrollment in the following year.
5.4 Registration for enrollment in the following year will be open to the general public in the month of February.
5.5 Documents to be submitted at the point of registration:
- Completed Registration Form
- 1 Child’s Passport Size Photo
- A copy of your child’s Birth Certificate
- A copy of both parents’ NRIC
- A copy of your child’s Immunization Record
5.6 For foreigners – additional documents to be submitted:
- A copy of your child’s Passport/ Dependent’s Pass/ Student’s Pass
- A copy of both parents’ Employment Pass/ Dependent Pass
5.7 Foreign Student Applying For Student’s Pass
- A foreigner who wishes to study in BRMCK requires a Student’s Pass, unless he / she is a hold of a Dependent’s Pass (DP) or an Immigration Exemption (IEO) issued by the Immigration Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
- Both BRMCK and a foreign student registered at BRMCK are required to apply for the Student’s Pass electronically via ICA’s SOLAR+ system. For more details on Student’s Pass applications, please refer to ICA’s website.
- Registration documents and payment must be completed before BRMCK co-applies for a Student’s Pass for a foreign student.
- A foreign student can attend lessons in BRMCK only when ICA approves the Student’s Pass application. Note: full school term fees need to be paid during the time the Student’s Pass application is being processed by ICA.
- In the event that a Student’s Pass is not approved, there will be no refund of all fees paid by foreign student registered at BRMCK.
6.1 Registration Fee: A non-refundable registration fee of SGD$128.40 (inclusive of prevailing 7% GST)
6.2 Deposit Fee: A deposit of SGD $600.00 for all levels.
- The Deposit shall be used to contra Term 4 fees of a BRMCK K2 graduation student.
- The Deposit cannot be used to offset any other Term Fees.
- The Deposit may used to reimburse BRMCK for any damages to and / or loss of school equipment and / or unpaid library fines.
- The Deposit is refundable upon withdrawal provided the following the withdrawal conditions stated below have been met.
- Only written notices bearing the signatories of parents or legal guardians will be processed. Verbal notices will not be entertained.
- A minimum of one full term’s written notice (notification notice) must be given and payment of one Full Term Fees in lieu of such notice must be made to BRMCK if parents / legal guardians wish to withdraw their child / ward from BRMCK. Fees are to be paid even when there is no school during the usual scheduled school holidays, school celebrations, rest days and / or public holidays.
- In the event of withdrawal of a student, the deposit shall be refunded at the end of the required notification period if the written notice is given to BRMCK.
- If the full notification period is not given or if the child / ward is withdrawn prior to the expiry of such notice, BRMCK shall be entitled to forfeit the Deposit and claim for the balance of the fees due to BRMCK.
- School term fees and all miscellaneous fees such as registration fees, wait list fees, transfer fees, admin fees for late payment of school term fees, readers mugs, uniforms, excursion, concert costumes / tickets etc. are not refundable in the event of withdrawals regardless of time, nature and / or circumstance.
- Please note that the cut-off date for notice of withdrawals for any new academic year (commencement in January) is 31st August of the preceding year.
6.3 Term Fees:
- There are 4 school terms in a calendar year.
- One term of school fees for new students shall be paid on enrollment.
- Any student who joins BRMCK after the start of a school term is required to pay the full term’s fees.
6.4 Account payee cheques are to be made payable to Barker Road Methodist Church Kindergarten.
|Level||2019 School Term Fees||GST||Total Payable|
|Nursery 1 and 2||$1,650.00||$115.50||$1,765.50|
|Kindergarten 1 and 2||$1,440.00||$100.80||$1,540.80|
7.1 School term fees include all designated school holidays, public holidays and school rest days.
7.2 School term fees do not cover meals, school bus transport, uniforms, readers, enrichment classes, special activities e.g. excursions, field trips, annual concert, other special events and miscellaneous items.
7.3 School term fees are invoiced and due on the following dates:
|Payment of School Term Fees for||Invoice Date||Due Date|
8.1 Please make arrangements to pay all Term Fees via GIRO / CDA or Cheque / Cashier’s Order.
8.2 Please note that CDA payments apply to BRMCK Term Fees only.
8.3 Cheque / Cashier’s Order must be made payable to “Barker Road Methodist Church Kindergarten”.
8.4 There will be no official receipts issue for all Cheque / Cashier’s Order / GIRO / CDA payments.
8.5 Please note that failure to make the necessary school fee payment on time will result in BRMCK admin charges or de-registration of the student at BRMCK.
9.1 Please ensure the following are attached with CDA application forms:
- Copy of monthly Statement of Accounts (for purpose of verification of account name & number)
- A copy of the CDA account holder’s Birth Certificate (sibling only), if CDA account holder is not the child who is enrolling into BRMCK AND sibling is not currently enrolled in BRMCK.
9.2 All GIRO / CDA application forms must be completed in ink and any amendments must be countersigned by parent account holder. No correction fluid is allowed to be used on the form.
9.3 Bank will take approximately 4 – 6 weeks to process the GIRO / CDA application.
9.4 In the event that the payment of the term fees via GIRO/ CDA deduction is not made by the 1st day of the new term, parents shall immediately make the term fee payment via cheque addressed to Barker Road Methodist Church Kindergarten.
9.5 Activated GIRO / CDA accounts must consistently facilitate the smooth and prompt payment of all school term fees during the student’s attendance at BRMCK. BRMCK shall be entitled to levy administration charges of for any failed GIRO and/or CDA payments.
9.5 Deactivation of GIRO: it is the sole responsibility of parents to deactivate their GIRO accounts upon withdrawal / child’s graduation from BRMCK. BRMCK is not able to do this on parents’ behalf.
9.6 CDA can only be used for payment of BRMCK school term fees. Please note that the Ministry of Social & Family Development (MSF) does not permit payment of enrichment programme fees by CDA.
1.1 BRMCK provides one serving of morning snack per AM Session student and one serving of a simple lunch per PM session student.
1.2 All food service at BRMCK does not contain pork or lard.
1.3 Parents may like to send in own home packed meals for students with personal food preferences or special dietary requirement. Please note that BRMCK staff will not be able to heat up home packed food or to wash the containers / utensils that come along with home packed meals.
1.4 Fruit. BRMCK endeavours to nurture healthy eating habits and a love for eating fruit in our students. As such, all BRMCK students are required to bring an uncut fruit such as an apple, orange or pear to school every Monday to share with his / her friends. Please do not send in fruits which can be easily bruised such as bananas.
2.1 BRMCK students are expected to come to school in their full BRMCK uniform consisting of:
- BRMCK polo t-shirt and shorts or culottes
- BRMCK bag
- BRMCK socks
- BRMCK sun hat
- BRMCK cardigan
- white canvas shoes with velcro
2.2 Uniform can be purchased from the Kindergarten Admin Office during school hours.
2.3 Uniform can also be purchased from our uniform supplier: ‘Bibi & Baba Pte Ltd’
Address: 545 Orchard Road #02-28 Far East Shopping Centre, Singapore 238882
Telephone: 6732 7022
3.1 Please contact Transland Singapore Pte Ltd’s Manager, Ms Carrie Lee, at 6560 8032 (from 9 am to 10 pm) or email: email@example.com for information regarding bus routes and bus fares.
3.2 Please be informed that Transland Singapore Pte Ltd is a separate entity from BRMCK. It is the sole responsibility of parents to liaise with the bus operator if they wish to engage its service. All payments, enquiries and / or concerns with regards to the bus service should be directed to the service provider and not to BRMCK.
Enrollment in Enrichment Classes at BRMCK is strictly optional and subject to availability. Only Montessori Program is conducted by BRMCK. All other enrichment classes are conducted by third party service providers.
|Level||Montessori Enrichment Program Term Fees||GST||Total Payable|
|N1, N2, K1, K2||$2,160.00||$151.20||$2,311.20|
The Kindergarten reserves the right to use photographs and/or video clips of children enrolled in the Kindergarten for publicity and/or promotional purposes, which would include the BRMCK website, as well as media (press or TV). BRMCK may at its discretion store and / or use all personal data and images of our child / children in all school-related activities such as the school website, announcements, year books, advertisements, etc.
|AM Session Arrival (Student Drop Off):||8:00 am to 8:30 am|
|AM Session Dismissal (Student Pick Up):||11:30 am to 11:45 am|
|PM Session Arrival (Student Drop Off):||11:45 am to 12:00 pm|
|PM Session Dismissal (Student Pick Up):||3:00 pm to 3:15 pm|
N1 students are dismissed 15 minutes earlier for both AM and PM sessions.
A handbook for BRMCK Parents will be issued to parents before the child enters the Kindergarten. This handbook contains important information regarding the routines and procedures in the Kindergarten.